Sunday, November 01, 2009

I Will Judge You Myself ... Personally!



Per the title, this site is dedicated to quoting the classic work Judge Dredd. That is all.

...

Well, never mind...
Hi. Hello. This is a brief comment that conveniently elides prosaic explanations that tend to frequent such introductions (this is who I am, what I hope to accomplish, yada) because these are in fact self-evident after you've read a couple reviews. Excellent. That was easy. Did you see how easy that was? Look around, enjoy yourself, etc.

...

In retrospect, a page containing that unhelpful paragraph and a picture of Katamari Damacy while being otherwise blank probably seems unprofessional. Maybe I should attempt to answer the periodic questions I was actually asked.

1. What?

No, it is not some pretentious concept, it's just a roundabout reference to one's brain. It also prevents two damage. (See?) Do you like getting beat in the face by Thieving Magpies and Meloku? I didn't think so.

2. What does 58 mean?

A (90-100) ... OMFG
A- (80-89) ... OMFG (Slightly Less)
B+ (70-79) ... Yes Please Yes
B (61-69) ... Cool
B- (52-60) ... Decent
C+ (44-51) ... Okay
C (36-43) ... Meh
C- (28-35) ...
No, Thank YOU
D+ (19-27) ... Stop Please Stop
D (10-18) ... OMFG (Slightly Less)
F (1-9) ... OMFG


I watch 800 or so films per year. There is no possible way to review everything I see (much less what I've already seen) despite how I would love to the find the time and creative wellspring to be so verbose, and think that they would actually be read. Conveniently, many of my peers are hard at work doing roughly the same thing. As a whole we tend to cover the bases pretty well. You could also just watch the film yourself. Rumor has it the process is not difficult.


3. I don't understand (term)...

Google?
(This link leads to Google.)

4. I have all the foreign language packs installed even though I never use them, so what's with this [][][][][][][]? Is this a new form of Wingdings, the best font ever in the history of all fonts ever?

An [s] indicates a short piece (less than 30 mins) while [m] is for medium feature with length of 30-59 mins.

5. Why 2005 and not 2004?

I see just about as many "old" films as "new" films. Where films go is generally decided by the year of their U.S. commercial release, though if it's pre-1995 or so I'll just use IMDb's recorded year.

6. I'm seeing a rainbow and it's not even raining.

On the log page the numerical rating is blue if the viewing was my first, red if the rating decreased upon subsequent viewing, green if it increased upon subsequent viewing, and purple if no change resulted from a repeat viewing.




-

No comments: